Bell peppers are a standard grocery purchase for us. From salads to sauces, they work well as part of so many meals. This time they were more of the main element of the meal. I had been wanting stuffed peppers but not the tomato-heavy base of past meals. The Love Nerds’ Turkey Stuffed Peppers had just enough tomato without it being overkill.
Here is my breakdown of this recipe.
- Ingredients shopping: Easy. Almost everything was already in the kitchen.
- Prep: Easy – Basic cutting and measuring
- Cooking: Easy.
- Make it again: Definitely. It is a different spin on stuffed peppers and it worked really well. I could see making this if we were having dinner guests as well.
- Modify it: Yes. I thought I had tomato sauce in the pantry but it was a can of Italian seasoned tomato paste. Since that would change the flavor too much, I didn’t use it and only had the diced tomatoes and chicken broth. I added a slight bit more broth to balance out missing liquid.
- Works for leftovers: Yes. I didn’t want them to dry out so I made sure to add a bit of the broth to the bottom of the small glass Pyrex dish when I packed up the leftovers for lunches. Heating them whole took a bit longer than if I cut them up and then reheated but they still reheated well.