Once again, I had the opportunity to try some new products when Influenster sent me the Go VoxBox.
I have found some great products (and some not-so-great products) for me in prior boxes. Here is how this batch of products did.
- Description: “The PROFOOT Pedi-Rock is the first soft foot file ergonomically designed delivering the ultimate foot file experience. The silicon carbide crystals gently remove even the toughest calluses in the shortest amount of time. Pedi-Rock can be used wet or dry and simply rinse with water and let air dry for the next use. Keep our feet Spring soft with Pedi-Rock!”
- Listed price: $8.99
- Thoughts: I absolutely loved the PROFOOT Pedi-Rock. I have used flat foot files in the past for my at-home pedicures and at times this can be very awkward. A wrong angle or too much pressure and things can even be slightly painful! This is a thing of the past thanks to the Pedi-Rock. I was able to hold it easily and turn it as needed to take care of the rough spots on my feet. The “I’m soft – Squeeze Me” sticker on the packaging tells the truth and it having a bit of a give works great to not accidentally overdo it in places. It also cleaned easily and dried quickly.
- Like it: Yes. This has already been added to the products for my foot care routine.
- Love it: Yes.
- Gift it: Yes. I could also see adding this to a manicure/pedicure themed gift basket.
- Buy it: When this one is worn out, I can definitely see myself buying a replacement.
Blue Diamond Fruit Flavored Almonds (Blueberry)
- Description: “Loaded with antioxidant Vitamin E, our Fruit-Flavored Almonds combine the delicious crunch of almonds with the subtly sweet flavors of strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries.”
- Listed price: $3.19 for 4 oz bag
- Thoughts: There are always plain almonds in our house. In the past, I’ve tried savory flavors but not fruit. I tried the blueberry flavored almonds while out and about as a quick snack. The flavor was blueberry but not overly fruity and sweet. I’m planning to try the other two fruit flavored options, strawberry and raspberry.
- Like it: Yes
- Love it: No. I still prefer plain or savory.
- Gift it: I don’t see it as a solo gift but I could see adding these to the mix of various snacks at a party.
- Buy it: Yes. I’m curious to see what I think of the strawberry and raspberry.
Platex Sport Fresh Balance (Tampons)
- Description: “Introducing NEW Playtex® Sport® Fresh Balance™ with Odor Shield™ technology. It’s designed to neutralize odors for ultimate freshness on and off the field. Combined with a 360o® design for Sport Level Protection®, you can go the distance. Play On®.”
- Listed Price: $3.99-$4.99
- Thoughts: I tried this out when I went to the gym. I don’t play any team sports so my experience was a short time at the gym. The tampon stayed in place and since I had no issues with it, I pretty much forgot it was there. The packaging is what made me raise an eyebrow, however, since there were outlines of sporty women on the wrapper and it also included a bright pink applicator. I don’t need wrappers and applicators to look cute. I just want them to keep sealed yet open somewhat easily and be smooth and easy to use.
- Like it: Yes.
- Love it: No.
- Gift it: This is not an item that I would give someone as a gift.
- Buy it: Maybe. If I had a 5k, attended a fast paced fitness class like spinning, or something where I was going to be very active, this could work.
Müller® Greek Corner Yogurt (Coupon)
- Description: “Müller® Greek Corner Yogurt is a thick and creamy Greek-style lowfat yogurt that comes with fruit or crunchy mix-ins”.
- Listed price: $1.29
- Thoughts: I tried the Chocolate & Cherry Greek Yogurt Corner which reminded me chocolate covered cherry smashed in vanilla yogurt. It was creamy but not as thick as some other Greek yogurt that I have had. The fruit mixed in well and there wasn’t a lot of extra fruit stuck in the side corner. A pet peeve of mine is when toppings are stuck in the side section and then not easily added to the yogurt section.
- Like it: Yes.
- Love it: No. Though the flavor was really good, I like my Greek yogurt a bit thicker.
- Gift it: Not an item I’d give as a gift but Darth Husband has since bought another flavor.
- Buy it: Maybe to see what other flavors are out there.
Next Step Fit N Full Protein Shake
- Description: “Take your NEXT STEP toward your weight management goal: add a delicious meal replacement to your diet. Supports reduction of body fat (as part of a healthy diet and exercise program.) Reduces hunger and cravings. 14g of protein per serving”
- Listed price: No price given in box
- Thoughts: There were three flavors of shake mixes (Swiss Chocolate, Fresh Berries, and French Vanilla) that came with a shaker/mixer bottle. Darth Husband and I have larger bottles of this type so I knew already that I would need to really shake the bottle so that the mix blended with the water. I made sure I did this for quite some time and the majority mixed well. There were still some smaller bits but not gritty. The texture was fine but I couldn’t get past a slightly bitter aftertaste. It was chocolate but it wasn’t. It smelled like hot chocolate which was great but it didn’t taste like it. I made a point to drink as much of it as possible to give it a fair review and I did minus maybe a half-inch of the bottom of the bottle. I wasn’t hungry after drinking the majority but after about an hour later I was hungry.
- Like it: No. It isn’t a meal replacement or a match for me.
- Love it: No.
- Gift it: Yes. I will be giving these to Darth Husband who said he’d drink it.
- Buy it: No.
PROFOOT Triad Orthotic
- Description: ”This original, three zone everyday orthotic is clinically proven to relieve knee, leg, and back pain when worn in your favorite shoes. With Ultra-Fresh® protection and ¾ length, your feet will feel fresh, free, and experience a new level of comfort. Treat yourself by treating your feet!”
- Listed price: $10.49
- Thoughts: The packaging lists this to work for womens size 6-10. Though this is a wide range, I was hopeful. Then reality hit. These inserts do not fit/work for me. I wear a 9/9.5 shoe and they were too short.
- Like it: No. I couldn’t wear them
- Love it: No. I couldn’t wear them
- Gift it: Yes. I will be giving these to someone with a smaller sized foot to try.
- Buy it: Only if there were better sized options would I consider buying this.
Aqua Spa Relax Collection – Aqua Spa Relax Bath Soak
- Description: “Aqua Spa Relax Collection gives you a hydrating beauty boost when you need it most so you can skip the spa and bliss out at home, leaving your skin and mood all a-glow. Relax mind and body with the calming relief of lavender and chamomile. Revitalize tired muscles salts with the gently foaming, bath salt treatment. Protect skin from stress-induced aging effects with Mineral Youth Complex.”
- Listed price: $9.99
- Thoughts: It has been too hot and humid lately to even think about taking a bath though the fragrance is nice. I have sensitive skin and so am hoping this will work for me. I’ll post some sort of review either here or via one of my social media accounts once I’ve used it.
- Like it: TBD
- Love it: TBD
- Gift it: TBD
- Buy it: TBD
Disclaimer: I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes. All reviews within CSYA are my own and were not influenced by the company or individuals associated with the company.