Almost every week our menu planning includes at least one chicken dish. After Darth Husband saw an advertisement about cooking chicken with Greek yogurt, we wanted to give it a try. There are numerous recipes online but we wanted to start with a basic one. The one I found, Melt in Your Mouth Chicken, is just that.
Here is my breakdown of this recipe.
- Ingredients shopping: Easy. None of the ingredients are difficult to find and the majority were already in our kitchen.
- Prep: Easy/medium – Basic cutting and measuring. Coating the chicken was a bit messy. I first tried using a spoon and then gave up and just used my fingers.
- Cooking: Easy.
- Make it again: Definitely. The chicken was tender and the flavor was delicious. In my opinion, you can’t go wrong with the simple combination of Parmesan cheese and garlic.
- Modify it: Yes. I can see replacing the Parmesan with almost any other shredded cheese. Salt, pepper, and garlic are a seasoning base that we use for various dishes. I would just need to look in the spice cabinet to find numerous others that would work.
- Works for leftovers: Yes. I had some cold on a pretzel bun one day and heated up some more another time.