I love spinach. Though I often eat it in salads, in sandwiches, and by itself topped with a bit of butter and sea salt, my favorite way is in a pasta dish. The idea to make spinach lasagna got stuck in my head and I knew it wouldn’t go away until I actually made it. The last time I tried winging it and it ended up more mixed pasta dish than lasagna. This time I wasn’t messing around and while looking up a recipe online, I found allrecipes.com’s Spinach Lasagna III.
Here is my breakdown of this recipe.
- Ingredients shopping: Easy/medium – I didn’t have all the cheeses so I had to track them down in sizes that would work for the recipe. Everything else was either already in the kitchen or easily found at the grocery store.
- Prep: Easy/medium – Basic cutting and measuring plus multiple steps for the filling. Layering the noodles takes a bit of patience but as long as you don’t rush the placement it works out.
- Cooking: Easy – Sautéing veggies was easy. Once the dish was in the oven, all I had to do was set the timer.
- Make it again: DEFINITELY! It was cheesy and delicious and satisfied my wanting spinach lasagna.
- Modify it: Yes. The leftover mushrooms I intended to use had gone bad in the fridge. Since I wasn’t going out for one item, I substituted asparagus.
- Works for leftovers: Yes. I made just shy of the full recipe (since I bought slightly less ricotta) which is TWELVE servings. We both ate it several days and gave some away. It also reheated extremely well in the microwave.