I found Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom’s Creamy Chicken and Asparagus Pasta recipe on Pinterest. It didn’t take long for me to decide to add it to the to-make list. This recipe included ingredients that we regularly, if not always, have in the house: pasta, chicken, and asparagus. The spice cabinet (yes it is a small cabinet) already contained what was needed. I would just need to pick up a few dairy items and make sure we had chicken broth.
Here is my breakdown of this recipe.
- Ingredients shopping: Easy – No expensive or hard to find items.
- Prep: Easy – Basic cutting and measuring
- Cooking: Easy – The hardest step was making sure the asparagus didn’t overcook and my timer helped me with that.
- Make it again: Yes. The flavor combo of the chicken, cheese and asparagus worked well.
- Modify it: Yes. I would use less basil and oregano.
- Works for leftovers: Yes and No. The first night the dish was super creamy but reheating it make it lose that creaminess. The actual taste stayed the same.